Saturday, September 13, 2008

Shitty Roses


He had me open
You could not tell me those were not rose petals
Hitting the porcelain vase we call a commode
But in time
I realized
His shit stinks
The most awful stench you would ever want to smell

Hell
He pulled the wool over my eyes
The devil had him disguised
In a sexy grin
Smooth brown skin
Hypnotic eyes
I was mesmerized

His silver tongue intrigued me
Promises of grandeur and a life of eternal happiness
I could see forever in him
And two days
The games he played

I was
Caught up in his trance
I could smell the stench
Escaping his lips
But I believed it
Had me feeling like
Someone put roots on me
Could it be?
What has this man done to me?
I cry for serenity!

I wanted to be released from his hold
Set free from his spell
Please grant me reprieve
From this heavenly hell
This thing I called love
When I was the only one loving

He fucked me hard
Penetrating my soul
And I allowed him
Willingly
Blindly
Freely
To have all of me

“You’ve lost you!”
My conscious screamed out
“You’ve got to be drunk
That’s not what love’s about!”

The coffee pot was brewing
And although it took three years
My sense of smell returned
Awakened by my tears
Finally I stop smelling roses
And recognized it
For what it was
The stench of shit

Lesson learned
I’m not bitter
Just more aware
My heart is still open for love
Should I want to go there

It is better to have loved and lost
Than to never have loved at all
Thank goodness for my sanity
To catch me
When I fall

3 comments:

  1. This is truly deep and proof that we can survive a the worst of broken hearts even when we have allowed ourselves to fall for a deception...Speak plainly Sister and Preach on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like i said previously you are the bomb baby ,i love your mind vant imagine what i would do if i had the body

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wont my autograph copies asap you are on your way,please dont forget me when you make it love your work

    ReplyDelete